Denver Botanical Gardens

Denver Botanical Gardens

Friday, October 5, 2018

To The Sea - 2018

It's been almost 4 years since Ruth and I walked along the high ridge between Logoso and Finisterre, before dropping down to the harbor town of Cee. Arriving to Muxia was very different today.

Yesterday I said goodbye to Jose. I truly hope we can meet again someday. It was great to share a few days together.

Last night I stayed at the Xunta Albergue (operated by the local government) near the small town of Dumbria. There were 7 pilgrims in a huge building. One of the women said it felt "weird".

Today I walked alone, the entire 22 km to the sea. I did see Reinart down at the shore this evening. I'm at Bela Muxia albergue, one of several nice choices here.

The plan for tomorrow is to catch a bus/train to Puebla de Sanabria and walk backwards toward Zamora. I'll see how far I can get in 5 days. I hope to do a little business in Santiago between the bus and train rides. It's been 23 days and a little over 500 km since I've been on wheels. Should be fun.
A few pictures:














No comments:

Post a Comment